- Pick up at the designated location or meet in Katoomba if staying the night before tour starts - recommended.
- Visit cold climate gardens. The two day tour is best if participants arrive the night before tour starts to take advantage of the sunrise and the lovely orange light in the cool climate gardens.
- View Jamison Valley from cliff top lookouts and walk the cliff tracks.
- Descend to rainforest tracks and learn about the natural history of the area.
- Visit waterfalls.
- Walk alongside gurgling creeks.
- View the magnificent Blue Mountains panorama's at Lithgow
- Visit and have refreshments in heritage Hartley.
- Photography advice and tuition included for those who would like assistance.
View the Meggalong & Jamison Valley from cliff top lookouts. View Mt Solitary, Ruined Castle and the Narrow Neck Plateau. Walk alongside creeks as they begin their tinkling journey to the sea. Stand on small sandy beaches at the foot of waterfalls and creeks and take photographs as you cross below the waterfalls. Perfect in summer with its cooler temperatures, or simply admire the rainforest .
You may see Waratah, Mountain Devil, Banksia and Drumsticks in flower. These are just a few of our many hardy mountain flora species. Look for the Black Cockatoo's and Crimson Rozella's and the amazingly beautiful brilliant red King Parrots as they fly through the trees. Listen for the amazing Lyre bird as they imitate everything within their hearing including chain saws and mobile phones!
Dawn and early starts are available for Customised bookings
An early start is the best time of day to catch the gorgeous greens of ferns and lichens plus the warmth of sandstone before the sun rises above the gorge lip and creating dappled light which is pretty to look at but difficult to photograph and challenging for the photographer. However, anytime is great for those who simply want to do a sightseeing tour and take a few happy snaps.
Overcast weather and showers
Be prepared for changing weather conditions as the mist and cold can roll in unexpectedly. In summer you will need a hat with a brim, sunglasses and sunscreen and good protective footwear.